- Publisher: Bloomsbury
- Edition: UK & Commonwealth (minus Canada)
- Available in: Paperback, eBbook, Audio Book
- ISBN: 9781408802557
- Published: February 7, 2011
Lasting love needs skills as much as connection—here are all the tools you need for your relationship to thrive.
What comes after “happily ever after”?
How to you keep love alive when you’ve got work, chores and kids? In this practical book – full of exercises to do on your own or with a partner – I lift the lid on what makes good relationships tick and answer those vital questions.
Learn how to maintain your relationship
If you were going to trek up a mountain, you’d train and prepare but when we fall in love and get married, we expect to “just know” how to live together happily. When you buy something that you rely on – like a car or a boiler – you get it regularly serviced but with your relationship, you close your eyes and hope for the best.
However we don’t learn the skills for embarking on a relationship or maintaining it at school and if your parents showed you how NOT to do it, where do you start? That’s where my book comes in.
Gain this vital knowledge
- Discover the six stages of love and their particular challenges and rewards
- How to balance closeness and independence
- Dealing with differences between you and your partner
- Test how many of the six skills of successful couples you possess
Who will find this book particularly helpful?
I recommend Build a Life-long Love Affair to singles who tell me “I don’t really know what a good relationship looks like” and couples starting out or in need of a refresher course.
However, I don’t suggest it for people who have read I Love You but I’m Not in Love With You as it repeats a lot of ideas, concepts and exercises from this book.