Lots of people think that once one partner has fallen out of love that the relationship is over. What’s the point if the feelings have gone?
But I not only believe that it is possible to fall back in love, I have lots of tips on how to make it into a reality.
Andrew’s Facebook Live Event – Can You Fall Back in Love?
In this (my first ever) Facebook live video, I answer the question “can you fall back in love?” and I talk through four important ways of doing just that. I also answer lots of great audience questions.
Your Best Tips to Keep Love Alive
I have been increasing my social media presence and creating a platform where you can share what helps keep love alive in your relationship. We ran a competition to ‘Put the Sparkle into Your Relationship’ – where I gave away a bottle of champagne and a bundle of my books.
Here are some of the best tips:
- Genuinely pay attention when talking. Looking at each other and holding hands. Making a concerted effort to connect – even when he is talking about bikes.
- We’ve banned mobile phones from the dinner table. I think we need to ban them from the bedroom too.
- To have half an hour connection time every day really listening and sharing our day and feelings and also to make a genuine commitment to strive to be the best version of ourselves.
- We call each other in the middle of the work day just to say a Hello and Love you.
- My tip is to make sure you remember to make time for each other, without children or screens getting in the way. Do something you enjoy e.g. have a bath together or put on a film and feed each other chocolate covered strawberries.
- The two times a day we brush our teeth we do it together, every day. We enjoy sharing this activity of brushing in silence and sneaking looks at each other in the mirror.
- There was a distance growing between my husband & I and we both realised we never do anything fun together. So far in 2018 we have been out on 6 fun occasions. Turn phones off and enjoy being together.
- Find a decent baby-sitter!
There is more about how to fall back in love in my book Can We Start Again Please? Twenty Questions to Fall Back in Love.