- Publisher: Bloomsbury
- Edition: UK & Commonwealth (minus Canada)
- Available in: Paperback, eBook, Audio Book
- ISBN: 9781408802595
- Published: February 7, 2011
If your arguments go round in circles or you’ve stopped even bothering to try, find out how to sort out your problems – without prompting more rows.
What is the best predictor of a long and happy relationship? Coming from similar backgrounds? Common interests, ambitions and attitudes? A healthy sex life? Support from family and friends? All of these are useful but ultimately not decisive. It doesn’t matter how many problems a couple face, or how difficult, the best predictor for happiness is how well they are handled. A good argument is the most intimate thing that you can have with your partner.
Three ways of communicating
Whether you’re in a high conflict relationship (where things can quickly spin out of control) or a low conflict relationship (where important things are only hinted at but don’t really come up to the surface), I explain how to move to the middle and show how to become assertive.
Learn this vital information
- What really drives petty squabbles
- Why avoiding arguments stores up long-term problems
- The tools to have productive disagreements
- How to save the situation